Saturday, November 19, 2011

A trip downtown 9/26/11


I love any reason to take a trip downtown. So last Thursday after we found a restaurant that serves Halal food we decided to go downtown. Before I get to the downtown part, I must say if you are looking for Halal food in Memphis, Casablanca over by Mendenhall was excellent. Towards the end of dinner when we realized that Assad was going to be staying another night, I thought it would be a good idea for us to show him downtown. Allison and I sang with Marc Cohn Walking in Memphis, walking with my feet 10 feet off of Beale as we drove downtown to show Assad downtown Main St and of course Beale St.

Since Neill works downtown we just parked in the parking garage that he has a parking pass for by his office and enjoyed our walk down Main St. I just love walking down Main St. looking at all the cool old buildings and watching people. As we got closer to Beale St we were also getting close to the Orpheum. I got so excited about our up coming Broadway play MEMPHIS which is making its off Broadway debut here (and we have tickets!) that I was ranting on and forgot to say that we had made it to Beale St. As we cross the far West end of Beale St (one block away from all the lights) Allison asked "what is all that?" "Oh, this is Beale St." is all I could reply.

Well we aren't much for partying and especially with Assad, so we walked to the other end of the Beale St strip looked around and listened to music. Allison refused to let Assad or anyone have a deep fried Twinkie (which by the way is really good). On our way back we took the trolley.

Allison and Assad on the trolley
Neill and I on the trolley

1 comments:

Vi said...

Now you have to talk about how awesome the dining room looks! Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment