Saturday, November 19, 2011

Workout Wednesday 9/29/11

Well last night I decided to try something I heard on the Git Fit Guy's podcast (from Quick and Dirty Tip--LOVE THEM). It is a way to workout while getting to watch your favorite shows. The workout is kind of like a drinking game, but with soreness in the morning instead of a hangover. Because we are watching Doctor Who I decided to do the objects workout that he talks about for movies. Allison has all of the Doctor Who episodes memorized so I just asked her for 5/6 common objects, phrases, or people. Once I had my list I then matched up leg exercises such as squats, reverse lunges, forward lunges, side lunges, calf raises, and knee ups. After I did 10-15 reps and if a new object wasn't present I would walk in place or step side to side.

What I didn't even think about what the length of the episode; it was close to 50 minutes! The interesting part was after I finished and we started the part 2 of that episode, I had a really strong urge to do squats every time the sonic screwdriver came on to the screen. It seems like you could really develop a habit of working out while watching certain shows. I definitely think I will be trying this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment